Soft, creamy truffle balls are covered with crisp chocolate. Serve in small paper cups for an elegant finale to a grand meal.
250 gm dark chocolate – chipped or cut into small pieces
100 gm (1/2 cup) cream, (any tetra pack cream )
1 1/2 – 2 tbsp of rum or 1 tsp rum essence, optional 1 tbsp icing sugar to coat
250 gm dark chocolate – chipped
50 gm white chocolate – chipped (1/2 cup), for making lines
1. Warm cream in heavy bottomed saucepan, on low heat,. Do not boil.
2. Add chipped chocolate. Cook on very low heat stirring continuously for about 5 minutes, till the sauce thickens and start leaving the sides. Remove from fire. Wait for a minute. Add rum. Mix well, Transfer to a small bowl. When you remove the mixture from fire it is thin but it firms up on keeping.
3. Put truffle mixture in the freezer for at least 1/2 – 1 hour or till firm enough to make round balls. Make balls.
4. Roll in icing sugar to coat. Place on a plate lined with aluminium foil. Keep in the fridge.
5. Once the balls are stet, melt the chocolate for covering as given on page 10. Remove the melted chocolate from the hot water and stir with a rubber spatula for 2 minutes till it becomes glossy and cools down to room temperature.
6. Add 3-4 balls to the melted chocolate. Stir with a fork to coat chocolate. Remove balls from the melted chocolate. Shake off the excess. Place choclate coasted balls on the foil.
7. make a tight paper bag and secure with scotch tape. Melt white chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds till soft. Mix Well to make smooth paste. Put melted chocolate in a paper bag. Pipe lines on the chocolate. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.